Summer Island Salad
With a scrumptious blend of pineapple, bacon, and greens, this healthy salad will have you dreaming about a tropical island no matter what time of the year it is. Just do not forget to drizzle on the delicious pineapple vinaigrette!
Write a review
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (10 ounce) package of romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ diced tomatoes
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped and toasted almonds
- ¼ cup flaked coconut (toasted)
- In a large skillet, brown the bacon over medium-high heat. Drain the excess oils, and crumble into small pieces before setting aside for later.
- Use a container that can be closed to mix the red wine vinegar, oil, pepper, salt, and pineapple juice together. Close the container, shake well.
- In a large bowl, toss in the nuts, onions, crumbled bacon pieces, romaine lettuce, and pineapple. Add in the pineapple vinaigrette over the salad, coating well.
- Sprinkle the salad with the coconut flakes, and serve.
Medical Weight Loss of Colorado http://medicalweightlossofcolorado.com/