Homemade Beef Marinara Sauce
All of the ingredients are all-natural and offers an ample amount of fiber and protein. Add this sauce to your spaghetti squash for a healthy and flavorful dinner option!
Write a review
- 1lb lean ground beef (drained)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup baby carrots (diced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves
- Warm up the olive oil in a large pot on medium-high heat. Carefully add in the diced garlic cloves, and the onion; cook until tender.
- Combine the mushrooms, carrots, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, the yellow pepper, and all of the spices in with the pot of onion and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- In the meantime, brown the ground beef in a skillet and then add to the sauce mixture; cook for up to 45 minutes.
Medical Weight Loss of Colorado http://medicalweightlossofcolorado.com/