Classic Chicken Fajitas
This is both a filling and satisfying meal that is perfect for a scrumptious dinner. You can serve this with some homemade guacamole or salsa for a yummy, low-fat meal with tons of flavor!
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 3 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless, cut into strips)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 lime (peeled, will need juice and fruit)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cilantro
- Combine the chicken, lime, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a Ziploc bag and marinade in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- In a greased skillet, sauté the red pepper, green pepper, and onion; remove from pan when vegetables become tender and set aside.
- Warm up tortillas using the microwave. To do so, wrap a paper towel individually around each tortilla and microwave for 15 seconds each.
- Combine the chicken strips to the same skillet and allow cooking for five minutes; returning the pepper and onion mixture to the skillet with the chicken and cooking for three more minutes.
- To serve, combine the chicken fajita mixture to each warm tortilla and wrap tight. Enjoy!
Medical Weight Loss of Colorado http://medicalweightlossofcolorado.com/