Butternut Squash Risotto
Serve this for a savory vegetarian dinner option or as a side. You will enjoy the creamy texture and the sweet taste of this delicious meal – your whole family will love it!
Write a review
- 2 cup butternut squash (cubed)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ½ onion (minced)
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Steam the chunks of squash for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender; drain and mash in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and then add in the onion and cook for two minutes; then stir in the rice and cook for another five minutes.
- Add the white wine into the saucepan and cook until it evaporates, and then add in the mashed squash and one third of the chicken broth; cook for an additional five minutes.
- Pour in the remaining broth and stir until the risotto takes on a creamy texture; add in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.
Medical Weight Loss of Colorado http://medicalweightlossofcolorado.com/