Created with McIntosh apples, maple and cinnamon, this homemade applesauce will be a hit with your loved ones. Serve it as a snack to the children after school or have it as a side with your pork tenderloin dinner. The possibilities of this sweet and healthy treat are endless!
Write a review
- 6 McIntosh, or tart apples (peeled and chopped into small pieces)
- 2 Golden Delicious or sweet apples (peeled, chopped into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (grounded)
- ¼ cup water
- In a large saucepan, add the water and apple pieces, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature to a simmer; cover for 30 minutes or until apples become tender.
- Drain and mash apples by hand or use a food processor until mixture is as smooth as you want it to be, and then add in cinnamon and maple syrup. Serve and enjoy!
Medical Weight Loss of Colorado http://medicalweightlossofcolorado.com/